Minutes of the Annual Meeting of Members of
Western Iowa Energy, LLC
Held: June 16, 2015
Pursuant to the call of the board of directors of Western Iowa Energy, LLC (the “Company”), the Company’s Articles of Organization and the Operating Agreement (the “Operating Agreement”), the 2015 Annual Meeting of the Company’s members was held at 7:00 pm on Tuesday June 16, 2015 at the Wall Lake Community Center, 202 W. 2nd Street, Wall Lake, Iowa. On May 15, 2015, the Company began mailing the Notice of Annual Meeting of Members and the proxy statement and proxy card for the Member Meeting to all members of record as of the close of business on May 15, 2015.
The meeting was held for the following purposes:
1. To elect (3) directors to the board of directors; and
2. To transact such other business as may properly come before the meeting.
· A quorum which is equal to or above 25% of the outstanding A & B membership units, was present at the meeting.
· Chairman Bill Horan called the meeting to order and presided during its deliberations. Kevin Ross acted as Secretary of the meeting. The inspectors of elections, Joseph L. Neppl (member representative), Ronda Bohm (Employee of the Company) were both charged with counting the ballots and proxies for all matters voted upon at the meeting.
· Chairman Bill Horan introduced the board, personnel, and guests.
· Chairman Bill Horan described the matter of election of the directors and accepted and addressed questions regarding the pending election.
· A motion was made and duly seconded to approve the agenda for the evening. It carried by a voice vote.
· A motion was made and duly seconded to approve the minutes of the 2014 annual membership meeting. It carried by a voice vote.
· Bill Horan gave the Chairman’s report of WIE and its previous year’s business.
· Introduction of the candidates for election to the Board of Directors was completed by Chairman Bill Horan with each candidate speaking individually. (John Geake, Bill Horan, Denny Mauser).
· Guest speaker Chad Stone President of the Iowa Biodiesel Board was introduced.
· Guest Speakers Annette Sweeney and Scott Corrie with America’s Renewable Future(ARF) were introduced and presented their work on presidential primaries/Iowa Caucus.
· President/GM Jeff Johannesmeyer and Bill Hanigan (legal counsel) presented giving an overview of company financials along with updates on the most recent WIE construction/plant improvements and a summary of board compensation.
· The polls were closed while the ballots voted at the meeting were counted together with the proxies cast prior to the meeting.
· The floor was opened for questions and general discussion.
· Following the question and answer session, Bill Horan received the report of the inspector of elections. He announced that all three candidates, John Geake, Bill Horan, and Denny Mauser had been elected to serve three year terms on the board of directors.
· Voting by the members for the election of three (3) Director nominees was as follows:
Nominees Votes For Withhold/Abstain
John Geake 8505 26
William Horan 8095 486
Denny Mauser 8487 117
There being no other business, the meeting was adjourned.
Kevin Ross, Secretary